Full-Time / Remote or Hybrid
We are Rogue Factor, a medium-sized video game developer based in Montreal, Canada. Our team is currently working on a brand new and ambitious IP, Hell is Us, created in Unreal Engine 5 with support from our European parent company, Nacon.
We are looking for a full-time versatile 3D Modeler who will be responsible of creating an integrating AAA-quality 3D environmental and organic assets for our new third-person action-adventure title.
• Collaborate closely with different departments to create the title’s immersive and spectacular 3D models, in accordance with the project’s creative direction, artistic vision and technical constraints.
• Contribute to every aspect of the Level Art pipeline, from R&D, modeling and texturing activities to the production, integration, and optimization of final in-game assets within Unreal Engine.
• Work autonomously and with different stakeholders to implement and refine processes and techniques that will ensure the highest possible production quality and efficiency.
• Take part in additional duties, which may include assisting with content creation, quality control and any other activities necessary to the project’s timely delivery and success.
• A portfolio meeting the requirements below is mandatory for this position.
• Demonstrated proficiency in ZBrush is the primary requirement for this position.
• Mastery of the Substance Suite is also an important selection criterion.
• Experience with Blender or Maya is desirable.
• Diploma in a relevant academic field and/or relevant professional experience.
• Experience with the creation, integration, and optimization of 3D assets, including a notable contribution as a 3D Modeler, Level or Environment Artist for video games.
• Ability to work within highly technical constraints, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability for rapid and iterative creation based on peer feedback and directions.
• Extreme attention to details and capacity to clearly represent abstract concepts.
• The ideal candidate will be creative, positive, and open-minded, possess strong organizational and communication skills, demonstrate professional integrity, as well as an eagerness for learning and self-improvement.
• Experience in shipping successful AA/AAA titles for consoles and PC, while occupying a 3D Modeler role through at least one complete development cycle.
• Knowledge of an industry-standard 2D graphic solution (ex: Photoshop).
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine.
• Experience in following production roadmaps with AGILE management tools like Jira.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Ownership and agency over your work on a groundbreaking new IP.
• Competitive salary and generous employee benefits package.
• A dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging remote or hybrid work environment.
• Continued training and career development opportunities.
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
• Your resume and cover letter.
• A portfolio (format of your choice) showcasing elements relevant to the position.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
• Rogue Factor is an equal opportunity employer.
• Although we wish to sincerely thank all applicants, only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org