Full-Time / Remote or Hybrid
We are Rogue Factor, a medium-sized video game developer based in Montreal, Canada. Our team is currently working on a brand new and ambitious IP, Hell is Us, created in Unreal Engine 5 with support from our European parent company, Nacon.
We are looking for a full-time Gameplay Programmer who will be responsible for developing, implementing, and optimizing the gameplay and combat systems of our new third-person action-adventure title.
• Work closely with the design team and various stakeholders to develop the architecture of combat systems, mechanics, and features, as well as their implementation and deployment in C++ within the Unreal Engine, in accordance with the creative direction, artistic vision and technical constraints of the project.
• Develop systems that support the functionality, stability, and robustness of the gameplay by programming in a methodical and structured manner in accordance with best practices.
• Communicate effectively to facilitate team cohesion as well as the interdepartmental and multidisciplinary work inherent in game development.
• Develop, test, profile and optimize well-engineered code, while also participating in regular code reviews.
• Take part in additional duties, which may include assisting with R&D, management, content creation, quality control, and any other activities necessary to the project’s timely delivery and success.
• Diploma in a relevant academic field and/or relevant professional experience.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with C++, including experience in multi-threaded and memory constrained environments.
• Relevant experience as a Gameplay Programmer on at least one full commercial project in the video game industry.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
• Problem-solving attitude with good analytical and synthesis skills.
• Ability to demonstrate independence and resourcefulness.
• The ideal candidate will be creative, positive, and open-minded, possess strong organizational and communication skills, demonstrate professional integrity, as well as an eagerness for learning and self-improvement.
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine’s Gameplay Ability System (GAS).
• Experience in shipping more than one successful AA/AAA titles for consoles and PC, while occupying a Gameplay Programmer role over entire development cycles.
• Strong conceptual and technical skills in both object-oriented programming and data-oriented design.
• Experience in driving technical roadmaps with project management tools like Jira.
• Experience working with market-leading game consoles (PlayStation / Xbox), including dealing with platform-specific compliance issues.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Ownership and agency over your work on a groundbreaking new IP.
• Competitive salary and generous employee benefits package.
• A dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging remote or hybrid work environment.
• Continued training and career development opportunities.
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
• Your resume and cover letter.
• Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
• Rogue Factor is an equal opportunity employer.
• Although we wish to sincerely thank all applicants, only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com