Junior IT SPECIALIST
We are Rogue Factor, a medium-sized video game developer based in Montreal, Canada. Our team is currently working on a brand new and ambitious IP, Hell is Us, created in Unreal Engine 5 with support from our European parent company, Nacon.
We are looking for a full-time Junior IT Specialist, who will be responsible of implementing, maintaining, and improving all infrastructures, tools, and solutions vital to the on-site and remote development of our next action-adventure title.
• Collaborate closely and proactively with different departments to identify, anticipate and answer to the studio’s numerous and varied IT needs, enabling team members to accomplish their work, fulfill the project’s vision and meet production objectives.
• Ensure the deployment, maintenance, update, and continuous uptime of all the studio’s IT infrastructures, services and tools (equipment, servers, networks, licenses, technical support, etc.), both on-site and remote.
• Work with the IT Manager to track the state of all IT services, efficiently plan the workload, help identify risks and provide relevant solutions to problems, all while adopting a flexible approach that will allow for special and urgent assignments to be conducted with minimal impact.
• Write and maintain exhaustive, clear, and frequently updated documentation, in order to provide a complete technical guide to all IT systems stakeholders.
• Support the various Teams with their technical needs, be reactive to potential issues, propose solutions and new ideas to facilitate the daily use of our IT solutions.
• Take part in additional duties, which may include assisting with content creation, quality control, and any other activities necessary to the project’s timely delivery and success.
• Diploma in a relevant academic field and/or relevant professional experience.
• Experience in IT installation and maintenance, with the demonstrated ability to convert high-level requirements into technical concepts and tasks.
• Strong networking knowledge (LAN, WAN, VPN, SSH, Remote Desktop).
• Experience with the physical installation, maintenance and update of servers, workstations and computer hardware.
• Experience with the Windows 10/11/Server and Linux environments.
• Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365/Azure Directory.
• Experience with the installation and support of versioning systems, such as (in order of importance) Perforce, Plastic, Git and/or SVN.
• Experience with the management of software licenses for large teams.
• Knowledge of scripting languages (DOS Batch, Windows PowerShell, Unix Shell).
• The ideal candidate will be creative, positive, and open-minded, possess strong organizational and communication skills, demonstrate professional integrity, as well as an eagerness for learning and self-improvement.
• Experience with the installation and support of versioning systems, such as Perforce, Plastic, Git and/or SVN.
• Experience with Unreal Engine.
• Experience with the Atlassian suite (Confluence, Jira).
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts.
• Knowledge of OS virtualization solutions (VirtualBox, VMWare, Docker).
• Experience working in a video game studio, in any capacity.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Ownership and agency over your work on a groundbreaking new IP.
• Competitive salary and generous employee benefits package.
• A dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging remote or hybrid work environment.
• Continued training and career development opportunities.
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
• Your resume and cover letter.
• A portfolio (format of your choice) showcasing elements relevant to the position.
• For all program details, and to verify your elligibility: https://www.communautique.quebec/portfolio-items/competences-numeriques-jeunes/
• Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada.
• Rogue Factor is an equal opportunity employer.
• Although we wish to sincerely thank all applicants, only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org